May's Recipe Pick from Desiree LaRoche!
Summer is almost here and so are those pesky mosquitoes! I am always trying to find more natural ways to repel bugs around my house and I came across this recipe that I love. It's quick, easy and fun to do with the kids/grandkids! They not only work to repel mosquitoes but also double as cute outdoor decor. :) Enjoy!
MOSQUITO REPELLANT CANDLES
- Pint mason jars
- Floating candles
- Lemongrass essential oil
- Slice one lemon and one lime (this will be enough for two candles).
- Add a couple of slices of lemon and lime to the jar.
- Add a couple of sprigs of basil.
- Fill jar with water up to threads.
- Add in 10-15 drops of lemongrass oil.
- Add in floating candle.
- Light the candle and enjoy a pest-free summer!